SAAM 5K Walk
Thank you to everyone who braved the wet weather and came out to support NJCASA at our 2nd Annual SAAM 5K Walk. As you can see from our fundraising thermometer, the Walk raised almost $37,000! We could not have reached (and then surpassed!) our goal without all of you - each and every walker, sponsor, vendor and participant helped us achieve this great accomplishment.
So THANK YOU! We truly appreciate all of your hard work and your dedication to bringing an end to sexual violence.
We hope to see you all next year at our 2013 SAAM 5K Walk!
Join us as we kick off
Sexual Assault Awareness Month 2012!
Join the New Jersey Coalition Against Sexual Assault (NJCASA) for a 5k Walk on March 31st to kick off Sexual Assault Awareness Month! We are walking together and working together to raise awareness and funds to support sexual assault services and prevention efforts throughout NJ. Our 5K SAAM Walk will be the first of many events around the state working towards the end of sexual violence.
NJCASA’s 2nd Annual 5K SAAM Walk
Saturday, March 31
Registration begins at 9 am
Veterans Park Pavilion
2206 Kuser Road, Hamilton NJ 08690
Rain or Shine!
Directions to Hamilton Veterans Park:
What is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM)?
In the U.S., April has been designated Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) in order to raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence.
- 1 in 5 females and 1 in 71 males have been raped at some time in their lives.
- More than 80% of survivors know their perpetrators.
- 3 out of 4 of female survivors were first raped before the age of 25
- Lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals are sexually assaulted at the same rate as heterosexuals.
- Transgendered individuals are at higher risk for sexual violence victimization.
How you can help:
- Register to participate. You can walk as an individual, join an existing team, or create your own team. Registration is FREE but each walker (age 13+) is required to have a minimum sponsorship of $25 to participate.
- Sponsor a specific walker or team.
- Donate to contribute to NJCASA.
- Provide Vendor Services at the event. The vendor/tabling fee is $25 for businesses and/or commercial vendors and is FREE for schools and nonprofit organizations.
- Volunteer to provide assistance at the Walk. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about volunteering.
Together, we can work to end sexual violence against all people.
Visit www.njcasa.org to learn more about NJCASA and our Sexual Violence Program members.